SELECTION THROUGH CSB
GUIDLINES FOR CANDIDATES FOR SELECTION OF TEACHERS FOR ARMY SCHOOLS/APSs UNDER ARMY WELFARE EDUCATION SOCIETY
STAGES FOR SELECTION
- Stage I Processing of Application Form
- Stage II All India Written Test
- Stage III Interviews & Evaluation of Teaching Skills.
QUALITATIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Qualifications & Experience - As per CBSE Affiliation Bye Laws: Chapter IX
- PGT - Minimum 50% marks in B.Ed or Poat Graduation or in any other higher level degree.
- TGT - Minimum 50% marks in Graduation or B.Ed or in any other higher level degree.
- PRT - Minimum 50% Marks in Graduation or B.Ed or B.El Ed or in any other higher level Degree.
Age - (As on 01Apr2011).
- For fresh cases - Below 40 Years.
- For teachers who are or were working earlier and have put in at least five years of service in preceding ten years in any recognised school, are permitted if they are below 57 years.
Stage I - Processing of Application Forms (15 Sep to 15 Oct 10) - Instructions for Candidates.
- Ensure that you meet the QR as above.
- Almost all the Army Public Schools are Centres for Written Test provided, No of candidates appearing are Ten or more.
- Schools have been grouped into "Clusters".CLICK FOR CLUSTERS. Inter cluster movement is not permissible due to inter se merit considerations.
- Check availability of vacancies in the schools in the cluster where you wish to seek employment.
- In case the particular vacancy does not exit, you may still appear in Written Test for obtaning AWES Score Card.
- Obtain the Application forms in duplicate and Guidelines from any Army school or can be downloaded from website.
- Fill up the application form in duplicate.
- Paste your photographs at the appropriate places in both the forms.
- Submit additional Two photographs with your name written on the reverse, one for Score Card and second for the Admit Card.
- Submit application forms to the school where you wish to appear for Written Test along with bank draft/local cheque for Rs 175/- in favour of the concerned Army Public School.
- 15 Oct 2011 is the last date for submitting application.
- Obtain Admit Card for Written Test. You will be required to produce during examination.
Stage II - All India Written Test 11 Dec 2011 (Second Sunday)
|Paper A (Commanfor PGT/TGT & PRT)||General Awareness, Mental Ability, English Comprehension, Educational Concepts and Methodology||Objective Type Q Paper using OMR||90Mins (0930-1100h)||TGT-80 Marks) (PRT-200 Marks)|
|Paper B (PGT & TGT)||Subject Specific||Objective Type Q Paper using OMR||2 Hrs (11:30-13:30h)||120 Marks||*English & Hindi Objective Type using OMR-90 Marks *Essay Type 30 Marks Total 120 Marks|
Reporting Time 0900h
- To qualify for PRT, you must score 50% in Paper A. Total Marks 200.
- To qualify for PGT/TGT you must score 50% in Each Paper 'A' and 'B'. Total 200 Marks.
- PGT/TGT Qualifying in Paper A entitles you for a PRT 'Score Card'.
- Candidates who qualify in the written test will be given 'AWES Score Card'. This is valid for life provided you have taken a teaching assignment in any recognised school within three years of its issue.
- You may see the result and collect the AWES Score Card between 03-08 Jan 2012 from the school where you appeared for written test.
Stage III - Interviews and Evaluation of Teaching Skills : Instructions for Candidates
- Two parallel procedures :-
- Combined Screening Board (CSB). To interview and select TGTs and PGTs. (Generally held in Mid Feb)
- Local Screening Board (LSB). To interview and select PRTs. (Generally held in Mid Mar and Mid Jun if required)
- Evaluation of Teaching skills is carried out for candidates short listed during the interview.
- Call letters for interview are sent to short listed candidates depending upon results of written test and availability of vacancies.
- You may check your position from the school after 10 Feb.
- You are required to appear for interview at the centre nominated for the cluster.
- Final merit list will be prepared school/subject/level wise for each cluster and will be applicable for that cluster only. Inter cluster movement is not permissible due to inter se merit considerations.
- Appointments will be made based on overall merit depending on the availability of vacancies for the level & subject.
- Candidates who are in the final selected category and are not absorbed will be kept on reserve panel till 31 Dec and may be called at a later date on occurrence of vacancy.
Instructions for Candidates Already Holding AWES Score Cards
- Obtain 'Application Forms'(in duplicate) and 'Guidelines' on payment of Rs 10/- between 15 Sep to 15 Oct 2011 from any Army Public School.
- Submit application forms to Army Public School where you wish to appear for interview by 05 Jan 2012